Want to make a difference and bring out the best in the people we work with? We’re looking for people to join us who have a desire to transform the lives of others.
London Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) is run by MTC, an organisation with a wealth of experience in the justice sector, and whose vision is to be the most trusted provider of justice services in the UK.
We are now looking for people with leadership and engagement skills to join our Community Payback team as CP Delivery Managers.
We have a number of vacancies across London on permanent and 12 month fixed term contracts.
You might never have considered a career in Criminal Justice before, but we can promise you that it’ll be inspiring, dynamic and rewarding.
Community Payback (CP) is a sentence issued by the Court where individuals on probation carry out unpaid work on worthwhile, community-focused projects. Both a punishment and reparation, those on CP learn new skills, achieve visible results and where possible gain qualifications and employment.
We care about rehabilitation, supporting vulnerable people through the criminal justice system and giving them the tools they need to transform their lives. In the last five years, we’ve made significant progress in reducing re-offending rates and protecting the public across London. Following our most recent inspection in April 2019, we were the only CRC in the country to score ‘Good’ or ‘Requires Improvement’ in each domain.
If you are ready for a challenge, and want meaningful work that helps our service users turn their lives around - this could be the perfect fit. The time has never been better to get involved and start giving back.
As Community Payback Delivery Manager, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of Community Payback across a fast paced and demanding environment.
Key responsibilities of the role
- In this role you will be responsible for the successful operational delivery of Community Payback (Unpaid Work) in a designated operational area of London.
- You will deliver effective and safe CP projects and maintain positive relationships with community beneficiaries.
- You will deliver operations to agreed quality standards and implements robust tracking / monitoring systems to ensure that CP projects are utilised both effectively and efficiently.
- You will line manage, lead and motivate a dispersed team of CP supervisors.
- Personally regularly visits all CP projects within designated operational area of responsibility, assessing standard of supervision and delivery against agreed quality standards.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring best practice in the quality of solutions across CP.
- At all times act appropriately as a role model in accordance with the London CRC values and management systems.
- Develops and sustains effective working relationships with key stakeholders, multi-agency partners, voluntary organisations and external agencies, both in respect of CP delivery and in promoting the wider organisation.
- The CP Delivery Manager will ensure that service users and communities are at the heart of everything we do.
- Experience of working with challenging and/or vulnerable individuals.
- Some knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Experience of successfully managing the performance of teams and individuals to achieve high working standards (desirable).
- Ability to manage and motivate a dispersed workforce to maximise performance and quality against targets.
- Ability to manage projects and conduct audits, inspections and investigations.
- Understanding of importance of controlling costs in managing workplace rotas.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent recording and IT skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organisational skills.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the London Area, and, occasionally, beyond.
- Must be willing to work flexibly, including regular weekends as necessary.
- Undertakes any other duties that go with the grade and nature of the role.
If this role is of interest to you and you meet the requirements, please hit APPLY and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch.