Initially based at: County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston, KT1 2DN with a likely office move in the summer to: Fairmount House, Bull hill, Leatherhead, KT22 7AH.
This is a 15 month fixed term contract for the duration of your apprenticeship. You will travel to Creative Process Digital in Brighton once a month and must also be able to attend an induction session there on 31 March 2020.
About the role
Start building your future with an apprenticeship, and the sky's the limit.
This position sits within the Web and Digital Services Team and will be of interest for those looking to develop a career in Digital Copywriting and website content management as you work towards a Junior content writer level 3 qualification.
Surrey County Council is recognised as a great first place to work if you're looking for a long and lasting career - this is your chance to receive excellent training and personal development.
Our apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. The scheme is designed for individuals who are living and entitled to work in England, don't have degrees, and are not in full-time education. When you've finished, we'll help you to find a permanent role.
Such tasks that you may undertake whilst working in the team include but are not limited to:
- Creating copy across our public website, microsites and intranet
- Complying with the council web standards, and where necessary reviewing and agreeing changes to these
- Using web analytics to gain insight to help improve copy and user journeys – both from Google Analytics and Site Improve
- Gain experience of user testing content both face to face and using online toolsCreating and posting events on Eventbrite
- Editing and creating web pages using our Content Management System (CMS)
- Supporting, persuading and influencing services to improve content quality across the website
- Learning about user journeys and personas and how these can help with content creation.
For an informal discussion contact Louise Halloway on 07971 673493. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 4th March 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.