Assistant Technician (Ref: 1F171P) - The Spotlight, Hoddesdon
Salary £19,947 p.a
Broxbourne Council is seeking to recruit an Assistant Theatre Technician who will assist with the smooth running of the the Spotlight, Hoddesdon, which is a unique multi-purpose facility. In this role, the applicant would be required to provide technical support for a range of events such as cinema, conferences, dance shows, private functions & professional touring shows. This will involve:
- Running regular monthly events and cinema set ups
- Rigging and operating sound, lighting systems and stage equipment according to the hirers/artist’s needs
- Regular maintenance on all technical equipment and assisting with the day to day running of the venue
- Front of House Duties when required
- Deputising for the Technical Manager, managing the technical department and the team of casual staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant technical theatre qualification
- Experience of programming lighting
- Experience of operating live sound
- Experience in stage-craft, flying
- Good working knowledge of current health and safety practices
- The ability to learn quickly, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Good communication and time management skills
- The ability to work as part of a team or alone as the work requires
- Experience of AV and associated theatre systems would be an advantage.
This role would suit someone who has recently qualified in a technical theatre related discipline or someone who has relevant experience of working in a professional theatre or with touring professional productions. The hours of this role are varied and include evenings, weekends and bank holidays and require a flexible approach.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential in this post.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by Tuesday 10 March 2020 quoting the above reference.
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com