£21,166 to £23,836 + 10% Shift Allowance
We are looking for an exceptional Sous Chef to fill this key position in our seven day a week operation across the leading banqueting and cultural venues in the centre of Reading.
You will be working across our prestigious Town Hall and our recently opened The Pantry Café & Kitchen located in our iconic Reading Town Hall.
Responsible for preparation, presentation and delivery of high-quality food for Banqueting, Dinners, Conferences, Weddings, Functions and our Cafe you will need to be proactive, flexible, responsive to customer demand and a great cook.
If you have experience of multi-functional catering, are flexible and able to multi task then we would like to hear from you.
It is essential that you are able to work evenings & weekends as this is our busiest period.
You will be able to take charge but also work well under direction and be a great team player, capable of delivering under pressure up to 250 covers in a banquet setting as well as coping with the lunch time demands of our new café.
You will need to be Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or City and Guilds level 706/2, 706/3 or an equivalent qualification. Hold an Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate and a working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A flexible working rota
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
For more information on this position please contact Damion Parsons – Operations & Café Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 4952.