Our friendly team is multi-disciplinary, consisting of 20 staff and are based at Bennet Road Depot, located in a soon to be completed, refurbished office. Our role is to deliver a varied programme of repairs, maintenance, refurbishment and redevelopment to our portfolio of housing stock.
About the role
The job offers real variety and involvement in a wide range of exciting projects. We’re working hard to improve disadvantaged areas and enhance people’s lives across the Borough – Reading Borough Council's Housing Property Services manages a significant stock of residential property, from Victorian Terrace Houses, through to High Rise Flats and Modern Care facilities. Works range from minor day today repairs, to multi million pound refurbishments and redevelopment.
You will need to be a good communicator with a proven background in building maintenance, construction and project management, with proven experience of managing staff. You will hold a professional building surveying qualification to MCIOB or MRICS. You will be required to work both independently and as part of a team, liaising with clients to provide a high quality and professional service.
Works will include management of a team of four staff, budgetary control of up to £6m as well as specific project management of various contracts.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Bennet Road Depot to the south of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Mileage allowance for business use.
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Staff Club - organises events such as pub quizzes and theatre trips
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work
- Relocation scheme offering up to £8,000 towards the cost of relocating permanently to Reading (only for approved posts)
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com.
Interview Date: W/C 24/02/2020
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change