Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.About the job
We are looking for Seasonal Gardeners for our parks, highways and housing green spaces.
We are the second largest borough in London with over 200 green spaces covering approx. 1,800 acres, the London Borough of Hillingdon is highly regarded for its Green Flag status throughout the Borough.
As a Seasonal Gardener you will join Hillingdon Council's Green Spaces team, a team of dedicated Green Flag award winners. You will be working as part of this team to ensure an excellent service is delivered to our residents and other customers.
The position will offer a wide variety of gardening tasks including grass cutting, maintenance of bedding displays, litter picking, shrub and hedge maintenance.About the person
We are looking for individuals with some relevant gardening experience in this work area.
A full clear driving licence is desirable.
You will have a proactive approach to work, be conscientious, flexible, customer focused and enjoy working as part of a team.
If you have a keen interest in gardening and are looking to broaden your gardening experience, we would be delighted to hear from you!Additional information
This is a temporary contract for up to 26 weeks.
Interviews will be held during February/March 2020, however, this may be subject to change depending on business needs.
All job offers are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checks; references to cover the last one year of employment (from March 2019 to date), your eligibility to work in the UK and a medical clearance.
Successful candidates should be available to start in April 2020.
Hours of work will be based on 39 hours per week. (worked as 33 hours in the winter months and rising to 39 hours in the summer months) If you would like further information regarding this role, please contact Robert Cox. email@example.com. or if you are interested in being considered, please complete the short online application by clicking on the apply for this job button.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For mid to senior level positions holiday entitlement is 33 days a year (plus bank holidays) and rise to a maximum of 36 days after 10 year's service.
- childcare schemes for working parents
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
For further information, please visit: https://hillingdon.gov.uk/article/19880/Working-for-Hillingdon-CouncilAdditional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy