About the role
Mental Health Services
Location based either at The Brickfield Centre, Portland Place, Epsom KT17 1DL or Farnham Road Hospital, Farnham Road, Guildford GU2 7LX.
Surrey County Council Mental Health Service is recruiting for a person who shares in our values of trust, respect, and responsibility and listening to our staff.
Our vision is 'Working with all our partners to make a difference to the lives of people, through trusted, personalised and universal social care support, so people have choice and control, and can maximise their wellbeing and independence in their local community.'
- You will be undertaking general and varied administrative duties in order to provide support to a front line operational team within Adult Social Care, supporting the Mental Health services.
- Using the county council's SAP system, you will record time administration data
- You will be expected to deal with complex telephone enquiries, a wide range of correspondence, and diary management.
- Occasionally you will take both notes and minutes for meetings.
- You will work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- As this is a generalist role, you duties will be varied according to the needs of the service.
We're looking for candidates who...
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are well organised and able to work under pressure, on occasions, to tight deadlines.
- Have excellent customer service and IT skills.
- Have previous experience of working in a busy office environment; and
- Have the ability to work as part of a team whilst being proactive and using your initiative.
- Have a strong work ethic and understand the needs of confidentiality in a sensitive role such as this.
For permanent staff we offer support, training, development, along with a variety of other benefits. For further details on these please visit www.surreycc.gov.uk
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile
To apply, please submit complete the online application form, providing information outlining how you meet the criteria listed in the attached job specification.
For an informal discussion about the vacancy please contact:
Michelle Dunbar on 07773061935 or email email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.
This job advert closes at 23:59 on the 15th March 2020
Interviews will take place on Monday 30th March 2020
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the organisation
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.