Your experience will help us shape how we do things. And improve the wellbeing of our vulnerable children.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. We want to help our most vulnerable families to get their lives firmly on track. We do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
- We are a small team of experienced workers working closely together and committed to maintaining a clear focus on meeting the statutory requirements embedded in the BF Child Protection Procedures and the IRO Handbook to support positive outcomes for children on child protection plans and children in care.
- We maintain high aspirations for all our children, developing strong partnership working to ensure our children are safe within their families and achieve their full potential in stable care arrangements. We offer high support to families holistically and high challenge to achieve this.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To support the Head of Service in providing strong leadership for the service area, based on a clear vision of the outcomes to be achieved for children on child protection plans, looked after children and allegations against staff and volunteers and the ways in which this will be done.
- To ensure the service has effective operational and strategic relationships with Childrens Social Care, other council departments, partner agencies and the third sector, with regard to looked after children and safeguarding and child protection. This will include development of strategies to improve performance.
- To maintain effective monitoring and quality assurance within the team to ensure CLA reviews, child protection conferences and ASVs are conducted in accordance with policy and regulations and to the standards set within the service and council.
- To directly contribute to the Quality Assurance Framework (QAF). To maintain processes and mechanisms for measuring, reporting on and monitoring, to assure and improve the quality of practice within the team and across CSC.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an experienced, confident and reliable person who is committed and passionate about delivering better outcomes for our children and families. You will have experience in managing a Conference and Reviewing team including Allegations against Staff and Volunteers.
Interviews date to be confirmed.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Kogie Perumall
Job Title: Head of Service and Quality Assurance Lead
Phone Number: 01344352767
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.