Property Services Supervisor
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people.
We have a vacancy for a Property Services Supervisor within our busy Property Services team for someone who has the right skills, values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
Who we are looking for
We`re looking for someone who:
- Holds, or is working towards, a recognised qualification in building surveying
- Has experience in maintenance or building environment with knowledge of building construction
- Is able to manage and motivate a team effectively
- Has experience of carrying out health and safety inspections including knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation including CDM
- Has contracts management experience and is able to liaise with contractors and customers
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a `can-do` attitude who is able to work under pressure to achieve set targets and meet deadlines for ensuring Hightown`s properties are properly managed and maintained to meet and exceed our resident`s expectations.
About the role
You`ll be working as part of a busy internal property services who manage over 6,000 homes across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. You`ll be providing technical expertise to colleagues within Hightown
You will also:
- produce detailed specifications to obtain quotes and tenders
- ensure the smooth handover of new developments to ensure the quality meets building regulations
- line manage the Property Services Team
- carry out stock condition surveys and Fire Risk Assessments
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact Samantha Culverhouse, Recruitment Manager on 01442 292277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living to ensure you receive above the market salary for the role
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
- On-site gym
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the link below and complete an online application form.
Please click below for a copy of the job description.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Closing date: Sunday 29th March 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 7th April 2020
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.