Job Title: Senior Highways Officer
Salary Range: £34,788 pa - £42,683 p.a. plus £2000 p.a. market forces payment
Hours: 37 per week
Employer Pension Contribution: Up to 20.6% HCC Employer contribution (which is reviewed once every 3 years and is a defined benefit scheme)
We are looking to appoint talented, ambitious and committed Highways professional to work with our team based primarily at our Hertford office. We will offer benefits from flexible working, as we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance, to a generous local government pension scheme. You will also benefit from 28 days annual leave. For more information about the HCC wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit Herts Reward
We are looking for Senior Highways officer who will be a part of the Whole Client Service in Hertfordshire Highways service. You will work closely with County officers and WSP embedded staff reviewing and assessing impacts on the highway network, which result from proposed developments and providing formal responses to the Local Planning Authorities.
- Consider, evaluate and report upon the transport planning implications of applications
- Provide support to the process of negotiating with developers and their consultants on contributions to transportation infrastructure
- Developing and delivering CIL infrastructure bids for Local Planning Authorities and providing support to Local Enterprise Partnership, Department for Transport and Highways England
- Provide support to the consideration, evaluation and reports outlining the transport planning implications of local plans and their associated evidence base.
- Ensure other team members and key stakeholders are involved/consulted as early as possible
- Post graduate Diploma, Masters or Honours Degree in Civil Engineering studies or Transport Planning, or candidates with equivalent relevant experience will be considered
- Leader with technical knowledge in the highways sector, transport planning.
- Ability to work effectively and competently, work without supervision and experience producing and presenting reports
- An understanding of transport planning related and regeneration issues; knowledge of the development planning process
- Good appreciation of the political context within which the service operates, demonstrating awareness of the wider implications (e.g. political / environmental)
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Alan Story, Development Manager on 01992 658326 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Youngman, Group Manager on 01992 588024 or email@example.com
Closing date: 13th April 2020
Interview date: 21st, 22nd & 23rd April 2020