We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed person to join our Planning Policy and Conservation team. As Senior Planning Policy Officer you will work under the supervision of the Principal Planning Officer (Policy) and play a key role in helping us prepare the Pendle Local Plan.
- Prepare and review development plan policies and Supplementary Planning Documents
- Carry out research and analysis to inform the evidence base for the Local Plan.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations on a wide range of planning policy matters, for Council committees.
- Maintain and develop the Planning Policy GIS function
- Prepare written evidence and appear as an expert witness on behalf of the Council at Local Plan Examinations.
- Oversee the monitoring of data relating to development activity in Pendle.
- Deal with enquiries from developers, landowners and their agents; planning consultants and members of the public.
- Supply planning policy comments on major planning applications.
- Have experience of working on the preparation of a Local Plan.
- Be a chartered town planner, or eligible for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
For an informal chat, please contact Neil Watson on 01282 661706 (email@example.com) or John Halton on 01282 661330 (firstname.lastname@example.org).