Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About The Team
Our Children’s Performance and Data Team is seeking a Senior Management Information officer to be responsible for line managing a group of four Local Management Information Officers (Children’s), playing a key role in the delivery of an agile Performance Framework across Children’s Services that is responsive to new demands from both internal and external stakeholders.
The postholder and their staff will have exciting opportunities for the collection, collation, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of information and performance data to meet internal, external and statutory requirements. Your work will support strategic and operational planning, performance management and management decision making processes.
- Management of four Children’s Social Care Management Information Officers, in a matrix arrangement with Team Managers.
- To lead on the completion of statutory returns to the Department for Education (DfE), The Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and Ofsted, to agreed timeframes, securing input from managers and proper sign off.
- To produce data analysis and written reports on all aspects of performance within Children’s Social Care.
- To produce management information, performance scorecards and dashboards that meet the needs of managers and social work teams.
- Experience of data analysis, reporting and presenting.
- Excellent high level ICT skills, including advanced user of Excel and database reporting tools.
- Experience of data analysis, reporting and presenting to a range of different audiences.
- Experience of managing staff or projects.
Essential for the Role
A relevant qualification up to or equivalent to a degree, ideally in a numerate discipline, or sufficient relevant experience in a similar type of role
The post will require a basic DBS check.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held during weeks commencing: 20 or 27 April 2020
To apply please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs
Closing date: 7 April 2020