Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Assistant, based in Westminster. You will join us on an annualised hours basis in return you will receive a competitive salary of £26,000 per annum.
The Facilities Assistant will be responsible for delivering the day to day facilities support operations to the workplace across the corporate property portfolio to deliver a high quality service contributing to a safe and secure working environment for internal stakeholders, visitors and contractors. They will work closely with, and report to, the Facilities Manager assuring at all times they reflect the values and standards of the Peabody Group.
Responsibilities of our Facilities Assistant include:
- Have an excellent familiarity with the property portfolio though the performance of building checks (daily/weekly) to ensure all aspects of the working environment are safe and secure, the buildings are clean and free from hazards and the building fabric is in good condition and adequately maintained.
- Working with the Facilities Manager (FM) have a good understanding of the soft service contracts and their planned/periodic schedules to ensure high standards of the contract are delivered raising contractual issues or improvements to the Soft Services FM.
- Perform a range of statutory compliance checks, or ensure adherence of any such tests are carried out, to include but not limited to water checks, emergency light testing and fire alarm testing
- Actions service requests raised through the helpdesk in a timely manner, working with the customer within the facilities service level agreements (SLAs). Responsible for escalating tickets to the FM that breach, or are likely to breach the SLA.
- Manage the day to day supply and stock of consumables required throughout the offices and print hubs.
- Be the focal point for all contractors arriving on site, provide inductions and site familiarisation when necessary and to oversee work being carried out.
- Responsible for day to day waste management; dry waste, secure waste, kitchen waste, and champions the need to dispose of waste that conforms to the group policy and legislation.
- Working with the business actively encourages and promotes a shared working environment and a clear desk policy. Where breaches may occur, works with the wider team to reduce or remove the risk.
- Prepare, scan, publish and index files received by the team across the group, ensuring the scanned documents are of a high quality and completed to the clients’ satisfaction.
What we’re looking for in our Facilities Assistant:
- Basic understanding of statutory regulations and approved codes of practice (ACOP); Fire, Legionella, Asbestos, Gas, Electricity
- Experience of working in a similar role, supporting a property portfolio and several service lines within an operations team is preferable
- Basic understanding of health and Safety legislation
- Good Microsoft Office package skills
- Working towards an Associate membership with BIFM or equivalent preferable
- H&S Awareness training
- Statutory building compliance courses i.e.C&G Legionella Awareness Training
- Emergency First Aid at Work or First Aid Certificate and Fire Marshall trained.
Closing date: 29th March 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Facilities Assistant, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST