Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Referral and Placement Manager, based in Colchester. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return you will receive a competitive salary of £26,138 per annum.
The Referral and Placement Manager will oversee and lead access into temporary accommodation across the county. You will be the single points of contact across 10 Local Authority areas sharing information on accommodation availability, assessing suitability of referrals and matching to the appropriate service.
Responsibilities of our Referral and Placement Manager include:
- Develop joint working protocols with all relevant stakeholders and partners (namely The Salvation Army and Sanctuary Housing)
- Utilise, allocate and make best use of available properties within the portfolio of homeless accommodation services within EHP
- Act as a single point of contact for District referrals, queries, information sharing, and liaison regarding vacancies and allocations
- Attend all relevant Joint Referral Panels (JRP) and stakeholder meetings where possible and within reason
- Where referrals are being made direct to services within EHP (e.g. to a Sanctuary Housing service via a JRP meeting not able to attend) ensure data is captured in order to track acceptance/decline; referral data and to be able to report on this
- Track all outcomes and report on Key Performance Indicators set for EHP
- Track all vacancies in accommodation services to include expected and ready to let dates, including mapping of unit size and then matching these with appropriate referrals
- Screen all referrals ensuring a full desktop assessment and gathering of additional required information ensuring an accurate picture is presented prior to submitting to the service that best fits for final review
- Maintain existing links with current partners and develop new links with relevant agencies
- Design a fair and robust tool to utilise when referrals are declined ensuring transparency in the process
- Work alongside and feed into and out of Essex Young Peoples Partnership and Mental Health pathways
- Challenge poor referral practices, and support in conflict resolution
- Operate within the guidelines of the Contract Service Specification and Service Level Agreements with each District council
- Develop positive working relationships and open communication lines both internally and externally
What we’re looking for in our Referral and Placement Manager:
- Understanding of homelessness and of homelessness prevention and associated needs
- A good knowledge of statutory and community services
- A good knowledge of welfare benefits
- A practical understanding of housing and homelessness law (Housing Act and Homelessness Reduction Act)
- A good knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and of risk management
- To have worked in a housing related support environment (or similar) where services have been provided to vulnerable adults
- Experience of partnership working with key stakeholders and developing of relationships
- Experience of conflict resolution and working towards service improvement
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with staff, service users, and external stakeholders and agencies.
- High level of I.T literacy
Closing date: 8th April 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Referral and Placement Manager, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST