Required for September 2020
Inner London Teacher salary + TLR 1a £8069 per annum
We are seeking to appoint a talented and experienced teacher to take the role of Deputy SENDCO at our school. George Green’s is a school fully committed to inclusion and to maximising the life chances of all its students - a considerable number of whom have significant special needs and/or disabilities.
We currently have in excess of 250 students on our inclusion register. Ensuring these students receive the quality educational experiences they are entitled to is – and will continue to be – an absolute priority.
In pursuit of this, we are now looking to boost our current provision by recruiting an exceptional practitioner to work as Deputy SENDCO in support of our experienced SENDCO.
The person appointed will need to be able to demonstrate:
- An absolute commitment to both the principles of inclusion and to inclusive practices
- A deep understanding of the relevant pedagogy.
- Either successful relevant experience in a SEND-related role OR successful relevant experience teaching within the mainstream.
We will also ideally be looking for someone with both the ambition and the capability to train up to SENDCO level themselves within a relatively short timescale.
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
A career at George Green’s School offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real change to the lives and outcomes of our young people. We understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. Our ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students. As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
- A highly effective CPL programme, including dedicated weekly training sessions and opportunities for external training (e.g. NPQML and NPQSL)
- Early paid start from July for NQTs
- Large A Level cohort
- Free parking
- Free yoga classes
- Free breakfast, tea and coffee daily
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Staff wellbeing programme, including in-house counselling
- A strong, supportive teaching culture
- Embedded strategies for improving the work-life balance for staff, including our marking policy
- Exciting development and teaching opportunities with our partners in City of London and Canary Wharf.
Application pack and form available to download from either the TES website or the school’s own website www.georgegreens.com. Please ensure you complete the application form available on these websites only as it is specifically designed for this role.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st April at 9am
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 27th April
Completed forms to be returned to our recruitment consultant, Jan Woodhead, at email@example.com
George Green’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, external agencies and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check