Peabody have an exciting opportunity for a Female Care Support Worker to join our team based in Clacton-on-Sea. This role is offered on a full or part time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £18,135 per annum.
The Female Care Support Worker role:
Peabody South East are looking for caring and compassionate people who can coach and support people with learning disabilities to live their best life. The people we support live in a supported living service in Clacton and Thorpe and they like going to the theatre, playing pool, music and visiting family and friends.
If you are passionate about people and up for a new challenge please talk to us. We offer a full training package and a thorough induction, no experience necessary just a kind heart.
Responsibilities of our Female Care Support Worker include:
- Provide social, practical and emotional support to customers so that the individual supported can achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
- Where required support people with all activities of daily living including providing personal care in a way the respects their dignity.
- Participate actively in personalised support planning, ensuing that the person we support has maximum choice and control in their life.
- Support individuals to pursue hobbies and leisure activities at home and in their community.
- Bring ideas and enthusiasm to your role, search out new and innovative opportunities with the people you support.
- Protect the safety of the people you are supporting, following all management plans consistently including those relating to health, diet, medication, finances and behaviour.
- Be observant to changes in the happiness and wellbeing of the people you support raise concerns and get help where required.
- Assist the people you support in the day to day management of their homes, liaising with the Landlord about the maintenance and upkeep of the premises and all fixtures and fittings where required.
- Support individuals to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals.
- Assist people to observe religious, cultural and personal beliefs.
- Promote self-advocacy and advocate where appropriate on behalf of the people you support.
What we’re looking for in our Female Care Support Worker:
- Passionate about making a real difference to people’s lives, and supporting people to be independent, safe, healthy and happy
- Concerned about social justice and the rights of people who experience discrimination
- Non-judgmental, compassionate, kind, empathetic and courageous, brave enough to report concerns if observed
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements, including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Basic IT skills to include use of Microsoft Office and ability to maintain electronic records, with attention to detail
- A DBS check result which is satisfactory to Peabody
- GCSE English or equivalent
- DBS that is satisfactory to Peabody
Benefits of becoming our Female Care Support Worker:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Sleep-in payments £73.89 per night- where sleep ins apply
- Paid Mileage at 44p per mile
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1. Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards/Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training/Paid Enhance DBS
- Annual pay review
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Female Care Support Worker please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Thursday 30th April 2020