Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: £18,065 - £20,344 (£9.74 - £10.54 per hour)
Hours: 4-37 hours per week
Contract: Permanent or 6 Months Fixed Term
*This is a rolling advert and candidates will be contacted as and when they apply*
Does the prospect of working in an incredibly rewarding role and environment excite you?
Are you someone that is looking for 100% job satisfaction?
At Hertfordshire County Council, we are proud of supporting adults with varying disabilities to give them the platform to leading independent lives. We help them to get the most out of life, with day to day activities such as planning meals and finances to accessing community activities and employment, as well as being there to listen. In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals.
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence, within a safe environment.
- Promote good practice and provide formal supervision in line with the Performance Management and Development Scheme to nominated junior staff and give day to day guidance to junior staff – assuming the role of ‘shift leader’ or ‘shift coordinator’.
- Undertake medication duties, including administration and recording, and where appropriate supervise junior staff in this task
- To be responsible for co-ordination of service users finances/handling money in line with support plans.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support, through developing, implementing and reviewing individual support plans in conjunction with service users.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.