Purpose of Role
The successful candidate will be part of a team involved in managing the school and associated residential development, ensuring that the internal and external school facilities are available, fully functional, H&S compliant and aesthetically pleasing where this falls within the remit of the caretaking team. The most important attribute to this job is excellent customer service, hard work and dedication, and the desire to make a difference in what can be a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Ensuring security integrity of the school buildings and grounds
- Carrying out day-to-day duties according to daily schedules
- Carrying out defined Planned Preventive Maintenance responsibilities, including daily maintenance/testing as appropriate
- Conducting initial investigations into reactive requests relating to defects, carrying out repairs or reporting to management
- Responding to emergency situations
- Being observant for Health & Safety issues and ensuring they are rectified or reported
- Assist service providers whilst on site
- Carrying out minor repairs and decoration
- Responsible for cleaning/deep cleaning within the school
- General maintenance skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Good communication skills in relation to managing relations with the school, communicating with external service providers, and reporting deficiencies to management
- Proactive nature with the ability to work in a team and share knowledge
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake training to develop role
- To be able to demonstrate the behaviours required as outlined in the Living the Values section of the Pinnacle Way booklet.
As this role will involve working in schools the interview will include questions regarding safeguarding and confirmation of appointment is subject to completion of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.