We are one of the most effective and progressive Children and Families Service in the country.
Our vision is to support families through strengths based social work to parent children in ways that keep them safe and enhance their development and well-being, alongside investing in effective early help. We are building a culture of positive support for families that is both embedded and sustainable for the long term. Essex County Council achieved an outstanding rating in its last Ofsted inspection.
Family Support & Protection
Family Support and Protection (FS&P) work with families that have long-term complex issues, require more than three months’ intervention and where children are subject to child protection or child in need plans or where children can no longer live at home and care proceedings need to be initiated. FS&P social workers are responsible for building on the relationships with families using systematic and strengths based social work approaches. Through this they will work alongside families to achieve positive change within the context of managing risk. The work is varied and involves working with Public Law Outline (PLO), taking families into proceedings and first hearing only, Special Guardianship Order (SGO) assessments and Section 7 court reports, reviewing as well as updating assessments and plans for children subject to Children in Need (CIN), Child Protection (CP) or Looked-After Children (LAC).
Job Purpose Summary
Managing a defined caseload, the social worker is responsible for working effectively with children, young people and families/carers to achieve positive change and improved outcomes. This includes enquiry, assessment, purposeful intervention through direct work and review in relation to Child Protection, Child in Need and Children Looked After, achieving permanency through care for Children in Care
Why work with Family Support and Protection in Basildon?
• Free onsite parking for staff, easily accessible via A13/A127
• Great team morale, friendly, helpful, supportive colleagues
• Permanent managers in both areas who are supportive, encouraging and available
• All teams are based in the same offices which is great for collaborative working
• Great training pathways for staff, encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development
• Good working relationships with other teams and professionals. Step down processes to partner agencies embedded
• Staff are provided with monthly reflective supervision
• We are passionate about the use of systemic thinking/practice in interventions.