Brighter Futures for Children
Are you a newly qualified social worker or a final year Social Work student looking to start your ASYE? Brighter Futures for Children are looking to recruit a cohort of newly qualified social workers to start their ASYE in September 2020.
We are committed to developing your knowledge and skills, in a supportive and nurturing environment. Throughout your ASYE journey, we will ensure you have a high level of support, supervision and training. We have a dedicated ASYE coordinator to oversee your ASYE year, who will support you each step of the way, to becoming a great social worker.
If you are passionate about working with children and families in Reading, we want to hear from you.
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
- Social Work qualification
- Understand and apply the knowledge of the legal, social, economic and ecological context of social work practice
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills (including verbal, written and conflict management)
- Ability to analyse complex information and plan, review and implement care plans
- Ability to organise and deliver a complex set of tasks
- Ability to actively engage in own development and to support the development of others
- Sound understanding of ICT with good keyboard skills
Contact details for an informal discussion:
Darlington Ihenacho on Darlington.Ihenacho@brighterfuturesforchildren.org
What we offer:
- Excellent training
- A protected caseload
- Reflective supervision
- Free membership to research in practice
- Monthly ASYE workshops
- Monthly Action Learning Sets
- Access to Bucks New University consolidation module
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare
- On-site outstanding nursery
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Staff Club and social events.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org