We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives. We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
Job Title: Project Surveyor
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 hours a week
Location: Birmingham (Travelling to sites will be required)
Closing date for applications: Sunday 31st of May 2020
(Due to Covid19 and social distancing guidance interviews for this position will be conducted by video link. However, face to face interviews may be arranged at a later stage)
If you have strong contract management skills and previous building surveying or construction experience delivering great customer service, join Optivo as a Project Surveyor.
What you’ll be doing
You will be able to ensure the provision of an efficient asset management service for a specified area to Optivo owned and managed homes. You will able to make sure contracts and works are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner to agreed quality standards, value for money, statutory and regulatory legislation, health & safety compliance, ensuring high levels of customer and client satisfaction. And being able to effectively manage and supervise staff to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
What you’ll need
- Membership of RICS, CIOB or equivalent level experience
- HNC in building studies or equivalent level experience
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Experience of project managing and delivering major works and service contracts
- Staff management and supervision
- Experience of undertaking property surveys and specifying and tendering work
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, in regards to building, construction and health & safety
- Knowledge of procurement and different forms of contract
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, be persuasive and diplomatic while remaining independent
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Be attentive to detail when writing specifications, checking work and materials
- Strong contract management skills
- Budget management and controls
- Managing time and resources to deliver a day to day repair and void service
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.