The key to making a difference starts with you
Our young people are looking for social workers who are honest, approachable, and committed to make a real difference to their futures to work in our North and South localities.
If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join our team.
At Doncaster Children’s Services Trust, we are proud to have created a place where social work can flourish by having smaller teams, constantly looking at how we can safely lower caseloads through essential support and ensuring that your sole focus is improving the lives of children, young people and families.
We are committed to giving our social workers a direct voice into how children’s social care operates in Doncaster and are looking to recruit experienced social workers who share the same vision, passion and enthusiasm as we do to provide the very best support to our Borough.
Why work for the Trust?
We are at the forefront of positive change in social work practice. In January 2018 our services were rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and since then our adoption and fostering services have also been rated as ‘Outstanding’.
We are now one of the Department for Education’s Practice Improvement Partners. By joining the Trust you can be part of a team working with other authorities to improve their social work practice.
At the heart of our business is a team of young people who have experience of care, our Chief Executive’s Young Advisors who have helped advise on how we can improve our services for other children and young people.
There are many benefits for working for us too:
- Our Centre for Excellence with Practice Development Social Workers are on hand to support our social workers with their continuous professional development (CPD)
- We can offer regional CPD training through the South Yorkshire Teaching Partnership
- Our small teams are based across the borough of Doncaster;
- We can offer you mobile technology which enables greater freedom and flexibility
- We have a generous annual leave entitlement of up to 30 days, plus the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days of additional holiday. This scheme is HMRC approved for salary sacrifice
Working for the Trust you can also make the most of:
- Employee discounts on the High Street, restaurants, holidays and days out
- A car lease scheme that is HMRC approved for salary sacrifice
- 24/7 Employee Assistance
- Staff recognition awards
If you already know someone who works for the Trust, if they recommend you, you could receive £500 after successfully completing your 6 months’ probation period.
Doncaster is a friendly Yorkshire town with lots of good schools, affordable housing, and excellent transport links to Sheffield, Hull, Lincoln and surrounding areas. It is also in close proximity to the Derbyshire Peaks and the North Yorkshire Moors so there is always plenty to do.
Our teams are based across the borough of Doncaster and we are looking to recruit social workers who would be based in Adwick and Edlington.
We also provide great resources so our staff can also work from home, if needed.
A relocation package is available for any applicants wishing to move in order to work for the Trust.
How to apply:
You can find full details on our website as well as more information about our work at the Trust by following the Link:
Closing Date: Monday 25th May 2020 (Midnight)
Interview Dates: Thursday 4th & Friday 5th June 2020