RG9b (scp 45 - 48) £47,450 - £50,969 pa
Full time, 37 hours per week, Permanent
Reading Borough Council has committed to an ambitious transformation programme and savings strategy for the benefit of its customers, transforming the way we deliver our services. We are really proud of our new Customer Experience strategy and you can read about it here
About the role
Key to our transformation programme is the delivery of multiple and strategically significant projects – that’s where you come in. This exciting post is part of our Project Management Office (PMO),a team of experienced project management and change professionals. You will be working in a fast-paced, digitally focused team which strives to put our customer first.
The role’s main areas of responsibility:
- Oversee multiple and strategically significant projects supporting the implementation of the Councils IT and Digital strategy and the Customer Experience Strategy
- Lead and support the development of business cases to bring forward proposals for savings, investments and business transformation
- Develop project plans and manage the delivery of high impact cross cutting projects on time, on budget and to high standards
- Provide expertise and support to help managers adopt a business change culture and help develop Manager’s capability around project management with skills sharing and training
- Extensive strategic experience of managing multiple complex projects from conception to completion. Including Client /Contractor working, coordination and liaison with colleagues and external agencies
- Significant experience of working in a senior project management role being accountable for the delivery of business case development, management of multiple projects, there risks, within budget and good performance management.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience of working across teams
- Agile thinking
If you think you have the skills, energy and passion to work with us and make a difference we would love to hear from you.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing Date: 01st June
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change