Looking for a new adventure, professionally and personally? Could you lead the development and delivery of an IT & Cyber security strategy for the Falkland Islands Government? Are you a self-starter with expertise in current IT & cyber security best practice and experience of developing and delivering bespoke programmes to uplift cybersecurity capabilities? If so, come and use your skills and knowledge to support the ambitious plans of the Falkland Islands Government.
A new senior role, you will be the first Chief Information Officer (CIO) in the Falkland Islands Government (FIG) and will be responsible for establishing the function and identifying and delivering an overall IT and Cyber Security Strategy, as well as development of an implementation programme to support the strategies. You will report directly to the Director of Development and Commercial Services. This is a key appointment and the post demands excellent leadership skills and the ability to build collaborative working arrangements across sectors in matters relating to information and cyber security.
We are looking for an experienced IT & cyber security specialist who can establish and build a new CIO role and function within FIG. You will be required to develop an understanding of the cyber security risks to Critical Information Infrastructure on the Falkland Islands and to develop and deliver approaches and plans to mitigate the key risks. You will also have the necessary skills and experience to develop a comprehensive IT Strategy for the Falkland Islands Government.
You will be comfortable operating on your own initiative and setting challenging but realistic delivery targets in a remote environment and without close supervision.
You will meet the following essential requirements:
- An established and credible security professional with at least 10 years’ experience within management of IT and cyber security;
- Strong influencing and communication skills, able to build lasting partnerships and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Practical experience of successful development and delivery of IT Strategy and IT services
- Practical experience of successful development and delivery of cyber security capacity building projects at national or enterprise level;
- At least an SC clearance, or ability to attain SC clearance;
- Experience of leading and managing business change at all levels within public and private sector environments;
- Experience of the application of cyber security standards within the public and private sectors;
- Experience of project management and delivery in a programme and project environment, and of managing security requirements through project lifecycles;
- Management of accreditation activities.
Professional qualifications (Essential):
- ISO27001 Lead Auditor or Lead Implementer
- NCSC Certified Professional
- Initial 2 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement subject to operational and budgetary requirements.
- Salary Range £50K - £75k, starting salaries will be dependent upon experience.
- 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and your dependents, including mid-term return flight home.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
How to Apply
You can find out more about working here in the Falkland Islands and complete our online application form at www.jobs.gov.fk
Applications will be open until 26 June 2020.
If you have any questions about this vacancy and how to apply, you can contact our HR team on email@example.com
Working in the Falkland Islands
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
Location and Environment
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.