SO2: £33,759 - £34,986 per annum
Permanent |Full Time | 35 hours per week |
St Paul’s Way Trust School is a highly successful Ofsted Outstanding ‘Through School’ and ‘National Teaching School’ where all of our students matter, where expectations of all the members within our community are high and where personal achievement and fulfilment are valued and sought after. To this end we seek to provide the highest level of academic and pastoral provision enriched with an extensive programme of activities.
The Trustees and Governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic, experienced and committed Finance Officer. The successful candidate will have proven accounting, analytical and communication skills, with experience of working as part of a high-performing Finance team.
Key Duties will include:
- The operation and maintenance of robust financial procedures and systems of the school within the environment of a Multi-Academy Trust.
- Processing transactions efficiently and accurately, undertaking regular payment runs and ensuring VAT is correctly accounted for.
- Supporting the management of the school accounting function, ensuring its efficient operation. Resolving any problems and resolving school finance queries from staff, students and their parents/carers.
- Assisting with the procurement function, providing support and training to colleagues with obtaining quotes and approving orders. Processing purchase orders, invoices and staff expenses accurately and on a timely basis ensuring that these have been fully authorised by budget holders before making payment.
- Assisting with the finance income function, reconciling income, collecting cash and following up on outstanding monies due to the school.
- Administering the school’s accountancy software, maintaining user roles and other coding structures as directed.
We are at an exciting time of expansion as St Paul’s Way Trust School continues as the lead school within the ‘University Schools Trust’. Our award winning new building is situated in the heart of East London. Professor Brian Cox OBE is our Patron.
If you would like to play your part in delivering an outstanding Finance service to support St Paul’s Way Trust School, then we would very much like to hear from you.
Please note we do not accept CVs alone.
Application closing date:
Midday, Thursday 4th June 2020
Week commencing 8th June 2020
St Paul’s Way Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Check