PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Supporting the board in the management and review of all contracts and service level agreements relating to all contracts.
- Assisting the board in the strategic review of the housing management service.
- The TMO Manager will report to the Chair of CTR Triangle TMO and will be responsible for The main accountabilities are listed below.
- Supporting the TMO Treasurer in the day to day management and monitoring of the boards delegated budgets.
- Ensuring CTR Triangle TMO meets and exceeds its targets as set out in the Business Plan and Key Performance Indicators.
- Overseeing expenditure against the management and maintenance allowance,manage cost centre budgets at local level and processing all invoices
- To be responsible to the Management Board for all matters relating to the running of the Management Organisation in accordance with the Management Agreement (MA) with Newham Council
Working in partnership with the board and all residents to deliver continuous improvement and value for money across all TMO managed and contracted services.
- To be responsible for the annual development and implementation of the local business plan for CTR TMO Triangle including reporting on income and expenditure relating to directly managed services and the achievement of targets, standards of service and service improvements.
- To ensure the correct implementation of all standing orders relating to the supply and procurement of services.
- To ensure the TMO meets its obligations as laid out in the management agreement.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures relating to the management of housing services on CTR Triangle Estates.
- To develop, maintain and improve communication levels, with a range of stakeholders.
- Proactive management and control of empty homes;
- Effective and sensitive management of neighbour disputes and anti-social behaviour using available
- To ensure the repairs service delivers excellence and value for money (VFM), through;
- To support and develop resident participation and involvement in the shaping of the housing management service.
- To support the board in ensuring it is represented at all levels of the Councils’ housing and community-wide consultation structure, i.e. TMO Liaison Committee, etc..
- To work with the board on the development of and delivery of appropriate training to enable the Board, subcommittee members and delegates to operate effectively.
- To work with the board on initiatives to drive up membership, broaden its skills base, increase capacity and raise its profile as a community organisation.
- To work with the TMO Treasurer in; Preparing accounts for the annual audit.
- To work with the board to ensure that it meets all legislative requirements both as a managing agent of the landlord and an employer, including but not limited to;
- To work with the board to ensure it meets all regulations as set out in the management agreement and the Right to Manage regulations 1994.
- To ensure that all complaints are thoroughly investigated and responded to promptly, in line with the TMOs complaints policy and procedure.
- To ensure that all members enquiries thoroughly investigated and responded to promptly, in line with TMO policy.
- To ensure all written correspondence is logged, investigated and responded to, in line with TMO policy.
- To represent CTR Triangle TMO at council and other meetings as directed by the Board
- To attend CTR Triangle TMO Board meetings on a monthly or as and when required by the Board.
- To attend Court, Leasehold Valuation Tribunal and Employment Tribunal, when required to represent CTR Triangle TMO in legal or quasi-legal proceeding
- The potholder will be required to attend evening meetings and may be required to work occasional weekends. They may also be required to attend out of hours emergencies in line with the TMOs emergency action plan.
Person Specification – TMO Manager
Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements
1. Degree or equivalent qualification (Chartered Institute of Housing or equivalent) and or comprehensive housing management experience.
2. At least 5 years’ experience of managing social housing services such as repairs, tenancy and leasehold management, income management and debt recovery, empty homes, resident involvement and customer services.
3. Experience of working for a Tenant Managed Organisation, community housing organisation.
4. Experience of managing and delivering a high quality frontline customer focused service.
5. Experience of devising budgets and preparing annual accounts for audit, managing and monitoring budgets
6. Proven track record of delivering service improvements that takes account of the needs of diverse stakeholders groups.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.Ability to write, clear, succinct reports and present complex information in a structured way appropriate to the needs of a diverse audience.
8.Good numerical and analytical skills with ability to interpret and draw inference from data.
9..Ability to use a wide range of software packages including Microsoft Office, e.g. Outlook Excel, PowerPoint and Northgate.
NB: All employees are expected to adhere to the Council’s Diversity & Equality and Health and Safety Policies