Team Manager Child Protection and Family Support
Salary: MM2 £46,791 to £59,850
X1 Permanent, Full Time Position
In Enfield we offer a high quality and innovative service to the children of Enfield. Currently, we have a vacancy for experienced, high calibre team manager in the Child Protection and Family Support Service. The team works mainly with children on child protection plans, child in need plans, children becoming looked after and children where we need to initiate care proceedings.
OFSTED described Enfield social work teams as highly motivated with manageable caseloads, allowing time for workers to get to know children and protect them effectively. Managers and staff are passionate about improving outcomes for children and young people. Continued investment in high quality training and support to staff has resulted in good workforce retention.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn.
If you are a motivated and passionate person committed to working with and supporting children, this is your chance to join us at Enfield Council. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled Team Manager practitioner to join our Child Protection and Family Support Team.
- As team manager you will need to be a qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England with significant post qualifying experience (5 years +) in a statutory Children’s Services setting
- Your primary role will be to manage an Advanced Social Work Practitioner and 4 social workers. The role will need you to develop meaningful and purposeful social work practice and to continue Enfield’s journey from the recent OFSTED ‘good’ to outstanding.
- Your role will also include contributing to developing practice within the teams and providing mentoring to colleagues in the wider children and families service
- You will need to have skills and experience in assessing and effectively managing high risk and complex cases. You will also need good skills in analysis and report writing and be able to meet tight timescales. As a team manager you will need to make decisions within tight timescales and ensure that cases are progressed in a timely way, with regard to Enfield’s Threshold document
- As a team manager you will need to possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work alongside key professionals from partner agencies.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Please note this recruitment is ongoing and we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. The recruiting managers will review applications on a weekly basis and will be inviting candidates to an interview as an when the shortlisting takes place. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Florah Shiringo on 020 8132 2156 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.