We are appointing a trainee to our Planning Policy team – this is a fantastic opportunity to build a career in Planning Policy here in Rutland.
You will support the team with the provision of the Council’s statutory functions regarding planning policy, including the preparation, monitoring and review of the Local Plan and the effective administration of the Community Infrastructure Levy
Rutland is a very ambitious Council, which is focussing on delivering its key priorities. We want our staff to be part of that success story. We will invest in our people to enable us to achieve our ambitions and you to have the right skills.
Times are changing, so we want to ensure our people feel well supported, engaged and resilient to face the challenges ahead. We care passionately about planning positively for the sustainable growth of the County of Rutland, and we want to do the same for you and your future.
You’ll have access to specialist professional development, and the support of experienced and knowledgeable colleagues to get your career in planning policy off to a great start.
What we need from you:
- First degree in planning or a related subject such as Geography, or eligibility and commitment to undertake studies leading to a professional planning qualification
- Basic knowledge of local government procedures and practice, along with an understanding of current planning legislation and issues
- Clear communication, with an ability to explain complicated information simply
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills to enable you to contribute to reports and analyse statistics, as well as IT skills
- A self-starter with a flexible, enthusiastic and motivated approach to work
Work that makes a difference to people’s lives in Rutland, in addition to structured salary reviews, local government pension scheme, discounted access to ‘Active Rutland’ keep fit activities and flexi-time, to name just a few!
How to apply………follow the links to apply online. For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Rachel Armstrong, email@example.com.
If you need support during the application process, please contact the HR team, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01572 758291.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.