Brighter Futures for Children
Are you energetic and enjoy working in a creative way with attention to detail? Have you good communication skills, keep good records and enjoy working at pace with Foster Carers and those who wish to become Foster Carers? Are you confident speaking in front of a variety of audiences?
If your answer is yes to the above, then we would welcome your application to join our fostering team and more specifically our recruitment section to recruit a range of carers for Foster Carers.
Brighter Futures for Children Fostering Service is improving outcomes specifically for Reading’s children, young people and families by offering local children, safe and secure local foster homes.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough in addition to the Brighter Futures for Children Fostering Service
- Swift and timely response to enquiries from prospective foster carer applicants.
- Accurate recording of enquiries outcomes and liaising with the Fostering Manager for allocation of initial visit to prospective applicants
- If the social worker visit indicates that the enquiries can be taken forward following initial visits, ascertain that the application form to foster is completed, checks and references are initiated by the business support
- Liaise with the Skills to Foster course coordinators and applicants are invited to
- Monitor outcome of checks and references by liaising with the Business Support and bring to the Fostering Manager’s attention for appropriate next step action
- Take part in and o-ordinate the writing, design and production of a range of publicity and display material, copy for adverts, and other promotional literature.
- Be responsible for liaising regarding the day-to-day marketing activity.
- Develop links with and make presentations to community organisations.
- Be part of organising and representing the Fostering service at open days, exhibitions, information evenings, and other promotional events.
- Ensure that publicity materials are displayed at appropriate sites.
- Basic numeracy
- Proficiency in English
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Some experience of working in a busy marketing /PR office including dealing with outside designers, printers and other agencies and suppliers
- Experience of working with a diverse range of people
- An understanding of what makes good customer etiquette
- Experience of using various IT packages – especially Word and DTP
- Confidence to develop working relationships with colleagues in partner organisations
- Experience in dealing with people at all levels and with varying communications needs
Contact details for an informal discussion: Steffi Roth, Steffi.Roth@brighterfuturesforchildren.org
What we offer our permanent workers:
- We offer a supportive framework to develop your career
- You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- We have a strong training and developmental pathway
- All team managers are permanent staff and our Consultant Practitioners will coach, mentor and support you.
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare
- On-site outstanding nursery
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Staff Club and social events.
Closing date: 12th July 2020
Interview date: 15.07.2020