Assistant Headteacher – Interim for one term
Starting from the week beginning 31st August 2020 to the week ending 18th December 2020 we will require an interim Assistant Headteacher to secure our leadership capacity whilst we look at securing a substantive post.
The position will be on a casual/zero hour contract at £250 per day. Your hours of work will be 8:00am to 6:00pm.
The days that you are required to work will be agreed on a weekly basis however we will require you to be available for work at least three days a week but due to the flexibility of the role this could change on a week by week basis.
The role will specifically include being responsible for assessment and data, NQT mentoring, overseeing all aspects of Teaching and Learning as well as two afternoons of PPA cover.
Coppermill Primary is a culturally diverse school based in Walthamstow, with a maximum capacity of 240 pupils plus our own nursery.
We pride ourselves as a well ordered, harmonious community with high expectations and high standards of work and behaviour. Our staff are dedicated to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to use their abilities to the full through a broad, balanced and creative curriculum.
We are seeking a dynamic, ambitious, committed and enthusiastic Interim Assistant Headteacher who will lead and inspire staff. You will work closely with the Headteacher, the Senior Leadership team and Governors to ensure high quality learning for all our children.
We are looking for an Interim Assistant Headteacher who:
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner
- Can lead, motivate, inspire and challenge
- Has a dynamic and enthusiastic approach with the vision to collaboratively lead the school
- Is approachable with excellent communication skills and a passion for teaching
- Has proven leadership and management skills
- Is proactive, analytical and self-reflective
- Can use their passion and commitment to make a real difference for children in our school
In return we can offer:
- A committed and supportive team aiming for excellence
- Children who are happy and eager to learn
- A commitment to high quality professional development
- A supportive and encouraging Governing Body
- A role which will provide challenge and breadth and help you develop further Leadership skills
- Council staff benefits including the Cycle Scheme.
Coppermill has excellent transport links and is located within walking distance from Blackhorse Road underground station, on the Victoria line, and St James Street over ground station which has a direct link to Liverpool Street station.
Application forms available online
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the current COVID situation tours of the school for potential candidates are not available. However, if you would like to discuss the role further please contact the school office to arrange a suitable time to talk to the Headteacher. Please also visit the school website coppermillprimary.co.uk
Closing date: Tuesday 7th July 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 8th and 9th July 2020
Coppermill Primary School
Tel: 020 8520 6267
Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.