Grade 6 £9.94 per hour (as at 01 April 2019)
15 Hours a week – Hours to be agreed.
Holidays – some holiday work including opening and closing of school
at times and days to be agreed prior to holiday period
Under the guidance of all members of the Leadership Group (Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and Phase Leaders): be responsible for maintenance, security and facilities management services on the school site and premises.
Be responsible for the maintenance of a clean and hygienic school interior.
Line Manager - Headteacher
PURPOSE AND MAIN DUTIES OF POST
TASKS – Maintenance
Safety & Security;
- Lock / unlock school buildings and areas
- Undertake regular security checks and identify security risks
- Operate and respond to alarm systems where appropriate
- Liaise with police, security and surveillance contractors
- Provide emergency access to the school site
- Complete weekly fire alarm tests and report any issues as necessary
- Undertake appropriate minor repairs e.g. redecorating and fixing
- To organise and carry out various maintenance duties to ensure that the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises is satisfactory, clear of litter and debris and is safe
- Ensure heating plant and lighting systems are operational and immediately contact the necessary service provider / contractor in the event of a systems failure
- Undertake regular site inspections; in the event of icy/snowy conditions ensure all access paths and the school drive are gritted in line with the school Gritting Policy
- Identify defects and report to the Headteacher
- Collect and assemble waste for collection from the reception foyer in the school; retain records of weekly skip collections for the Office Manager
- Undertake cleaning duties as required.
- Provide emergency access to the school site
- Coordinate deliveries to the school site when necessary
- Liaise with contractors, including providing support and access during school holidays
- Monitor levels of cleaning materials and liaise with the Office Manager to ensure adequate levels of stock
- Read water, gas and electric meters at the beginning of each month in the format provided and to inform the Office Manager
- Promote and ensure the health and safety of pupils, staff, parents and visitors at all times
KEY ACTIVITIES – Organisation
- Portering duties e.g. moving furniture and equipment
- Monitor & manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources & undertaking audits as required
- Direct/supervise cleaning and / or site staff and ensure cleaning is in accordance with specification.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the school minibus, including internal / external cleanliness, re-fuelling as required, driving of minibus (necessary training will be provided).
- First Aid trained (training will be provided)
- Attend school trips / sporting events in support of lead member of staff as and when required
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of the school
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others
- Ensure compliance by self and others with all health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure safe use by self and others of equipment and materials
- Establish constructive relationships and communication with school staff and contractors
- Treat all users of the school with courtesy and consideration
- Present a positive personal image, contributing to a welcoming school environment which supports equal opportunities for all
- Promote and ensure the health and safety of pupils, staff and visitors (in accordance with appropriate health & safety legislation) at all times
The duties detailed within this document are illustrative and not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to undertake reasonable additional duties when requested.
- Experience - Desirable.
- Previous caretaking/security/cleaning experience. - Essential
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Able to maintain records and manage legislation requirements (Fire alarm testing, COSHH, Legionella) Training can be provided.
- Role related knowledge - Desirable
- Previous knowledge or experience of H&S.
- Experience of working in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of basic DIY.
- Working at Height (Ladder and steps).
- Good knowledge of cleaning and hygiene standards.
- Able to line manage a small cleaning team, their material stocks and restocking orders.
- Reliable and personable.
- Good time keeping/Attendance.
- Good communication skills, and work as a member of the team.
- Good observation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to undertake minor repairs and decoration.
- Able to climb ladders, work at height, lift and carry tools and equipment.
Grosvenor Park C of E Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to a successful completion of an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
Application packs can be accessed via the school website, www.grosvenorparkacademy.org.uk
Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28th September 2020 12 noon
Shortlisting: w/c 5th October 2020
Interviews: w/c 5th October 2020