Brighter Futures for Children
If you live here, work here or just visit, you will already know Reading is a great place and at Brighter Futures for Children we’re dedicated to making it even better. Key to this is ensuring our workforce is equipped for the challenge – this is where you come in.
Pinecroft is a residential service offering high quality long-term care for children and young people aged 8-18 years with complex medical needs and learning disabilities.
Cressingham is a short break service offering overnight support to children and young people aged 8-18 years with complex medical needs and learning disabilities.
About the role
The staff team support the young people to enable them to lead as full a life as possible. Our aim is to empower young people to achieve and develop skills that will give them a solid foundation to succeed. We further aim to promote social inclusion to access everyday opportunities and community participation.
- You will require a QCF in children and young people’s workforce Level 3 or equivalent qualification, or be able to demonstrate a willingness and ability to achieve this.
- Experience in working with young people with disabilities in residential child care or in a similar caring environment is preferred. Ongoing development and training will be provided.
- We are looking for candidates with a child-centred approach who have an understanding of the needs of children and young people with disabilities. Candidates should be enthusiastic and creative people who are able to work effectively as part of a team, or use their own initiative when required within the policies, procedures and guidelines. You will be expected to have good written and verbal communication skills, basic IT skills and produce clear legible reports.
- The ability to provide individualised care to young people and to communicate and foster positive relationships with residents, staff, families and other professionals is essential.
- You will participate in a shift pattern rota which will include sleep-ins, weekend working and bank holidays/religious celebration days.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service)
- Discounted Childcare scheme (onsite nursery at Civic centre)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
For more information about these roles or for an informal discussion please contact: Helena Baptista, Registered Manager on 01189374202 or email at email@example.com