Lincolnshire County Council has a very exciting opportunity for a dedicated finance professional to join us as the Strategic Finance Manager - Projects. This is an amazing leadership position that will play a crucial role in taking an already progressive local authority forward whilst maintaining its very sound record of financial management.
The organisation has embarked on an exciting and demanding programme of transformation and has recently agreed a new Corporate Plan to take us forwards to the future. We are looking for a highly motivated Finance Professional to be a valuable addition to our finance team. If you have a determination to drive improvement, an ability to challenge the status quo and can manage the resultant change then this is the job for you.
Reporting to the Head of Finance – Corporate, you will lead on co-ordinating;
- Support to the transformation programme , helping to develop business cases and undertaking financial modelling to support the decision making and benefit realisation of the programme;
- The finance team input as we move to a new Business World ERP platform next April and overseeing the finance business process change which is essential to making this a success;
- The development of our financial reporting using IT tools (such as Powerbi) to make our financial information easily accessible and focused;
- Support to the newly formed Capital Review Officer Group coordinating business cases and capital programme works for review ensuring they are supported by appropriate detail and analysis to inform our member decision making on capital programme spend.
- Financial project support for our corporate programmes and potentially service specific projects.
- One off pieces of analysis to support the financial planning and management of the council.
The ideal candidate will be a CCAB (or CIMA) qualified accountant however we welcome applications from any suitably experienced candidates, with great communication and persuasion skills. They will possess strong financial analysis and modelling skills with experience in using IT reporting tools. A pragmatic approach to support sound decision making is required, with strong numeric and technical skills. Experienced in project management, a completer finisher with proven experience of change management and delivering outcomes to set timescales.
We are offering a competitive salary of £38,813 - £43,622, along with a pension, a comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes, cycle to work, civil service sports council membership and many areas for professional support and development.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please read through the full Job Description and Job Brief, to help you do the best application possible, before clicking apply! Please ensure that your cover letter clearly states why you have applied and how you feel you meet the required competencies for the role.
If you would like to know more about Lincolnshire County Council and our current vacancies then click the following link: www.lincolnshire.gov.uk.
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please Dave Simpson on 07827 872 521.
Applications Close on 16/08/2020 and interviews will be held W/C 31/08/2020.