Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist on a full time 6 month FTC to work within the IMT Team.
The purpose of this role is to have accountability for executing the direction of Council’s Data Strategy to maximise the value of the data that the council holds. Advising and driving the data quality standards across the organisation. Identifying opportunities and implementing Data Science solutions and providing analysis and insights to the council departments.
You will work with Data Specialists, Data Analysts and alongside a team of developers and testers within a larger information Management Department. You will work in a highly demanding, fast paced and customer orientated environment across a diverse range of services, systems and data to produce high quality processes to underpin Council services.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Accountable for the implementation and development of the Digital Data Strategy
• Responsibility for mentoring data analysts to build robust solutions
• Required to make key strategic decisions about database design and business intelligence
• Leading on extending the Council’s data with third party sources of information
• Accountable for ensuring solutions and processes to comply to the organisations architectural standards
• Lead on unit testing, integration testing and issue resolution in respect of solution designs
• Ownership for the creation and development of the Council’s key performance management solutions
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:-
• Have the ability to lead and deliver a range of development projects, tasks and activities
• Demonstrate the ability to manage and supervise development team activities
• Ability to design and develop a range of solutions
• Ability to influence and unafraid to constructively challenge
• Excellent analytical and technical skills with significant experience of data management
• Have the skills to extract, merging, cleanse, and manipulate large data sets
• Degree level or equivalent relevant professional qualification
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an excellent Customer Service and IMT Team
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Julie Teague by email at Julie.email@example.com
Closing date: 11pm 8th August 2020
Interview date: 17th August 2020 - subject to change
For an informal discussion please contact Julie Teague firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form.
CV’s are not accepted.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.