£35,637 - £38,403
Old Town Hall, Catford Road, SE6 4RU The Role
A new opportunity exists for a talented Accounts Payable Manager to join our professional and expanding finance team which consists of Financial Accounting, Business Partnering and the Payments Team.
We are looking for a high performing individual able to work and thrive in a high volume, fast paced housing sector environment and who is keen to bring their passion and knowledge of finance to Lewisham Homes.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsibility for the accounts payable function, ensuring that payments are made to suppliers efficiently and in line with the Organisation’s payment policies and regulations.
• Manage a team that strive to provide an excellent service to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure that controls are properly applied and developed to minimize Lewisham Homes’s exposure to erroneous or fraudulent transactions.
• Reviewing and identifying improvements and efficiencies of the service being provided by the payment teams.
You should have a proven record as an Accounts Payable Manager. Highly motivated with a passion to succeed. Able to identify opportunities for advancing the organisation’s mission while maintaining an awareness of the business areas and associated risk.
What we are looking for:
• Relevant accounting qualification or substantial experience in a accounts payable management role
• Strong leadership, communication and management skills..
• Financial and budget management experience
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of finance, including regulatory issues.
We offer excellent opportunities to add to your skills and develop your career. We are proud of the difference we make as an organisation and if you share our ambition to continuously improve our service, you will succeed as part of this team.
The salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible and agile working opportunities, season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme. For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 August 2020
Interview Date: TBC
To apply you will be asked to submit a CV and supporting statement. Within your supporting statement please ensure you address the key requirements identified in the attached person specification. Please attach your supporting statement to your online application.