At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. In Hemel Hempstead we provide high-quality care and support to semi-independent, looked after children aged 16 and 17.
We are looking for a new Support Worker to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference.
Who we are looking for
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
If you`re someone who is able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable young people, respond well in a crisis and work independently, we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a Level 3 qualification in health and social care if you don`t already have one.
About the role
You`ll be empowering young people to lead independent and fulfilling lives with the support of a network of staff, social workers and local authority partners. You`ll use a positive approach to support them to develop independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning and budgeting so they can move into their own accommodation when they turn 18. You will also enable them to access educational opportunities and healthcare services. It will be a challenging but rewarding role where you can really be the difference to a vulnerable young persons` life.
We provide a 24 hour service so you must be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working as well as sleep-ins.The benefits
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living to ensure you receive above the market salary for the role
- Additional payments for sleep-ins on top of your salary
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support