Job Title: Residential Child Care Worker
Location: Various locations across Hertfordshire
Hours: Full Time -37 hours per week
Salary Range: £20,344 progressing to £26,699 (depending on experience) + Non-Contractual Market Forces.
Our Residential Child Care Workers transform lives.
Hertfordshire County Council are currently recruiting child care workers for three new children’s homes we are opening in Hertford, Watford and Letchworth. We want the best for our children and want them to be closer to their families and the communities that they know, living in high-quality homes that are designed around them.
We are looking for residential child care workers who will be fully supported by hands on and committed managers. There is great access to training and a full multi-agency support network including health and education colleagues. We understand the importance of getting it right for our young people and offering them the best we can be.
We understand the impact of trauma on children and are passionate about helping these young people find their strengths and explore what they want to achieve with their lives. We believe in nurturing positive relationships and are wholly dedicated to never giving up on a child. Our homes are a uniquely dynamic and supportive place to be.
What we offer :
We train our staff in the well-established ARC (Attachment self-Regulation and Competency) model of trauma informed practice. ARC, pioneered by the Boston Trauma Centre, has been in place in Hertfordshire for 10 years.
Our services are rated as Good and Outstanding with Ofsted and this is the standard we continually commit to deliver.
- A compassionate individual who demonstrates patience and resilience, with the capacity to connect with teenagers. While bringing plenty of empathy to the role you are able to set boundaries.
- It would be ideal if you have experience of working with children or young people in a residential setting.
- You will be required on occasion to use your own car for business, although you will have access to a Hertfordshire car whilst on shift, therefore a full clean driving licence is required
- You are able to find and use creative ways to communicate with children; are quick to learn and willing to work flexibly and innovatively to meet the changing and challenging needs of the children.
- You are able form trusted relationships with young people in your care by supporting them with their social and emotional development and educational achievement. You know how to set boundaries and bring consistency to children’s lives as any good parent would.
- You will be able to use the ARC model as a therapeutic form of intervention to help teenagers make sense of their backgrounds and find a positive way forward.
Hertfordshire is a County of Opportunity; These roles will provide you with the opportunity to study for a fully-funded NVQ level 4 Children, Young Person and Family Practitioner. You will also be expected to work shifts including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep-in duties. Additional payments are paid for out-of-hours work.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all our employees. This includes:
- Competitive Salary Starting from £20,344 per Annum plus Market forces payment.
- Tailored training to develop in your role.
- Free parking at all our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Financial Wellbeing Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
- Strong links with university courses
- Work/life balance and staff wellbeing
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Closing date: This is an on-going advert
Interview date: Regular weekly virtual interviews