Want to make a difference? At Bracknell Forest, we tick all the right boxes!
We’re looking for ways we can help the organisation do things better. This is the perfect destination for an ambitious senior auditor who wants to make a positive impact as part of a developing in-house service. This will be a team effort and your opinion, experience from other organisations and ideas for innovation will really count. Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
We are a small, friendly team that has been delivering internal audit through an outsourced framework of external providers. We are now changing our strategic direction for internal audit to bring the function in- house and develop an innovative service which understands management’s assurance needs and supports management in risk-based improvement of the control environment and securing value for money. Recruitment of an experienced senior internal auditor is the first phase in the development of an in-house team that can deliver audits across the Council and schools.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Support the Head of Audit and Risk Management and Internal Audit Contract Manager in developing the new in-house internal audit service and innovative audit approaches with appropriate training available as required
- Schedule and manage you own time within budget for the portfolio of reviews assigned to you
- Develop and agree terms of reference for each assignment with management
- Develop a test programme for each assignment. Undertake audit field work in accordance with PSIAS and the approved programme. Produce a clear set of supporting working papers documenting testing performed, supporting evidence, findings and conclusions
- Produce a report/memo for each assignment setting out the outcome of the review and conclusions in accordance with definitions in the Bracknell Forest Council’s Internal Audit Charter and make recommendations for improvements. Agree the findings, conclusions and recommendations in each report with management
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and friendly working environment.
- The opportunity to play a real part in how we develop an innovative internal audit service.
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- Car loans.
What we’re looking for…
An experienced and qualified senior auditor with local government experience, detailed working knowledge of internal audit best practice and PSIAS and good time management. The successful candidate will be proficient in analysing and assimilating information, have strong communication skills, be confident in engaging with senior managers and able to generate innovative ideas and practical solutions.
Interviews will be held on 16 November 2020
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Name Sally Hendrick
Job Title Head of Audit and Risk Management
Phone Number 01344 352092
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.