Due to the retirement of our long-standing Pastoral Welfare Manager we would like to appoint a new Pastoral Welfare Manager & Designated Safeguarding Lead to join our experienced, passionate and vibrant team working at Hoo St Werburgh Primary School part of the Rivermead Inclusive Trust.
The successful candidate will have a positive, proactive attitude and excellent communication skills, especially when interacting with children and families. They should be able to work independently and under pressure. The capacity to work methodically with accuracy and attention to detail is essential. The post encompasses a wide range of pastoral responsibilities, including meeting with parents and representatives from external agencies, therefore comes with an expectation of professional standards as well as administrative capacity. The Pastoral Welfare Manager will oversee the Pastoral Team and Safeguarding Team within Hoo St Werburgh Primary School.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for somebody with the drive and ambition to share our passionate belief that every child and young person should have the opportunity to realise their full potential
- Designated Safeguarding Lead in line with KCSIE
- Pastoral Support
- Attendance/Appeals Lead
- Lead on placements
- Lead on the Critical Champion Parents Panel
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students, parents and staff
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours
- Act as liaison with outside agencies for referrals i.e. CAMHS/Social Services representative.
- Make referrals to outside agencies
- To act as liaison between home and school for learner issues. To support teachers with maintaining good home/school relations.
- NVQ in administration desirable
- SIMs knowledge desirable
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment
If this position interests you and you want to know more you are very welcome to visit.
For further details including the job description and full person specification please contact Mrs Natalie Oldman: PA to the Headteacher on 01634 338040 for more information
Closing date: 25th September 2020 at noon
Interviews commencing: Wednesday 30th September 2020