School Business Manager
Start date: October 1st 2020, or sooner if available
Salary: Grade 11
Location: Hebden Green Community Special School, Winsford CW7 4EJ
Contract type: 37 hours per week - Term Time plus three weeks
Contract term: Permanent
Hebden Green School is seeking to appoint a visionary, dynamic and creative Business Manager to join our School Leadership Team, providing leadership and supporting all elements of the work of the school, including all matters relating to, but not limited to, budget, finances, ICT, HR, health and safety and premises.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with inspirational pupils and colleagues to play a leading role in the ongoing development of our exceptional school.
We are a large SEND day and residential school, supporting children and young people aged between 2-19 years. Our pupils have a range of health, physical and learning needs. We work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of physiotherapists, nurses, speech therapists and occupational therapists.
We have a large campus and have worked hard to develop specialist resources including a hydrotherapy pool, immersive learning space and specialist teaching resources.
We are a close-knit community school, where our strong relationships with our families and each other, built on trust and mutuality, mean that you will be joining a hard-working and resilient team.
Hebden Green is a very special place to learn and to work. We have been identified as ‘Outstanding’ in our school and residential, in 10 consecutive inspections since 2013. This is because we expect the very best from our workforce.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support leadership and management of the school
- Lead all financial operations of the school
- Manage the production of all data relating to the school
- Manage the work of the administrative and support staff
- Manage the administrative and support systems
- Assume overall management of the school premises, including health and safety
- Support governance of the school
- Strategically lead on policy, procedure and practice
- Strategically lead personnel
- Manage contracts and procurement
We are looking for someone who:
- Has leadership skills that are inspirational, where decision making, calmness and positivity are balanced with knowledge and competency; Can lead the transformation of how we use information technology to both enhance the education we provide and improve the efficiency of how our school operates;
- Can control and maximise our school budget to support our ambitions to grow and improve our resources;
- Can manage our premises and facilities, using those resources to serve our pupils and their families, our wider community and positively contribute to our financial position;
- Can set whole school deadlines and hold colleagues to account
- Can develop the health and safety culture in our school
In return, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop the role, working alongside the head teacher, so that our school is the best place that it can be;
- A nurturing school to work in, where we pride ourselves on kindness, fairness, openness and honesty. We are a family school and we work hard together;
- Colleagues to work with who will inspire you;
- Pupils and students who are a privilege to support and educate. You will see and feel the impact that you make every day and will thrive in our community;
- The opportunity to take part in high quality CPD to further improve your skills and qualifications. We will talk with you about where you want to develop your career and secure the right training with you. We will invest in you.
We invite you to contact the head teacher, Alison Ashley, for a virtual tour of the school.
If you would like to apply for this role, we invite you to submit an application via the ‘Apply Now’ link.
You can also obtain further details, including a job description and person specification, or to ask further questions, by emailing Michelle Worrall on email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 24th September 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 28th September 2020
Head teacher Alison Ashley firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Please note we do not accept CVs.