Brighter Futures for Children
Full Time, Permanent
Are you passionate about children? Do you have the desire to improve and provide quality services for our children?
If yes, then come join Brighter Futures for Children on our improvement journey.
We currently have permanent vacancies for qualified social workers in our Leaving Care Team.
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
- Undertake assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children and young people
- To work with children, young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions and engender change, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning
- To develop and maintain positive working relationships with service users and other professionals
- To keep up to date with contemporary issues in children’s social work including legislation and evidence based practice, and to attend relevant training and development opportunities
- Social Work qualification
- Social Work England registration
- Understand and apply the knowledge of the legal, social, economic and ecological context of social work practice
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills (including verbal, written and conflict management)
- Ability to analyse complex information and plan, review and implement care plans
- Ability to organise and deliver a complex set of tasks
- Ability to actively engage in own development and to support the development of others
- Sound understanding of ICT with good keyboard skills
What we offer our qualified, permanent social workers:
- We offer a supportive framework to develop your career
- You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- We have a strong training and developmental pathway
- All team managers are permanent staff and our Consultant Practitioners will coach, mentor and support you.
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- On-site outstanding nursery
- Free parking
- Pool cars.
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Kayon.Morris-Johnson@brighterfuturesforchildren.org
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.