KALEIDOSCOPE LEARNING TRUST
ACADEMY BUSINESS MANAGER
Cloughwood Academy, Hartford, CW8 1NU
Permanent full-time appointment with effect as soon as possible.
NJC Salary Scale 11 currently £40,728 to £47,293
Cloughwood Academy is a purpose built day and residential special provision catering for male pupils aged 8 – 16 years who present with a range of social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties.
Cloughwood has recently enjoyed seven ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted inspection judgements for both education and boarding provision, the last being in January 2020. Cloughwood is a forward-facing, innovative Academy, proud of its record of helping our pupils become independent individuals able to thrive in society.
We are looking to appoint an Academy Business Manager, who as a member of the Senior Leadership Team will work at the heart of Academy development. You will lead the Finance, Administration, Facilities Management and Human Resources functions for the school and in a strategic role be expected to drive continuous improvement in these key areas.
Cloughwood Academy is the founding Academy of Kaleidoscope Learning Trust MAT which is working towards the inclusion of more schools and academies in partnership in the future.
Our new Academy Business Manager will ideally be qualified to Level 5 DSBM and can demonstrate:
- Excellent organisation and communications skills.
- An ability to think strategically, to lead and inspire and champion continuous improvement.
- High standards and expectations of staff.
- Experience and skills in financial management, including budgetary planning and control and auditing; a high level of IT literacy (knowledge of a range of management information systems and accounting software is essential); experience of HR and facilities management.
- An ability to work across the whole academy community and support the inclusive ethos of the Academy.
- Enthusiasm for being involved in all aspects of Academy life.
- A commitment to further professional development.
- Ambition to strive for greater responsibility in an expanding Multi-Academy Trust
In return, we can offer you:
- Employment in a dynamic and successful Academy, with high aspirations for all.
- A team committed to supporting each other and working together to maintain and continuously improve standards.
- Encouragement to develop ideas.
- A happy and caring ethos in which all individuals are valued.
Visits to the Academy are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by telephoning Jane Evans on 01606 537691 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An application form can be obtained from the Academy website.
Closing date: 12pm on Monday 21st September 2020.