Peabody have an exciting new opportunity for Youth Project Coordinator -Young Leaders to join the team based at Walworth Road. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract in return for a competitive salary of £28,000 per annum.
About the Youth Project Coordinator -Young Leaders role:
Do you believe in the power of young people and social action? Do you have the skills to support grassroots organisations to take part in a micro-grants programme? Are you confident in developing partnerships and delivering to targets?
We are looking for a new member of our team to help deliver Young Leaders, our flagship programme for young people that supports them to lead on their own projects through a £500 grant. Community mobilisation is a core part of our strategy and this role is central to delivering this.
Responsibilities of our Youth Project Coordinator -Young Leaders:
- Effective support of programmes ensuring they are high quality, reflect PCFs values and ways of doing things, and contribute to delivery of our strategy
- Work alongside young people and partners to ensure they influence and shape services delivered across PCF
- Work alongside youth organisations and agencies from all sectors to develop and support youth-led programmes and projects focusing on the progression of young people. This could include employability, work experience, social action, volunteering, enterprise and other programmes
- Support delivery of externally funded contracts, you meet your personal objectives, KPIs and customer satisfaction target
- Successfully recruit young people onto programmes through outreach, social media and other communication channels, and internal and external partnerships
- Successfully work with colleagues to influence others to embed youth social action and community mobilisation into their practice, by amongst other things, demonstrating the value of this
- Processes are followed to ensure effective delivery of programmes.
- Effective budget management
- Data, feedback and stories are collected to enable the team to monitor, evaluate and improve programmes and to enable PCF to learn from your delivery and use this to inform the development of future work. 90%+ customer satisfaction
- Successfully support partnerships to ensure requirements are met and outputs are achieved and evidenced
- Management of internal apprentice/junior staff as required
What we’re looking for in our Youth Project Coordinator -Young Leaders:
- Demonstrable experience of meeting key performance indicators and an understanding of the importance of meeting outputs and performance measures associated with external contracts
- Experience of developing and managing partnerships to deliver tangible results
- Understanding of the principals of project management, such as communication, clear objectives, time management, monitoring/evaluation and budget management (role will have responsibility for spend of up to £5k and will feed into budget setting, which is the responsibility of their line manager)
- Experience of keeping project management tools up to date and recording spend, outcomes, and performance indicators and is diligent in doing so
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills – you manage your own time and workload to ensure young people, colleagues and partners have an excellent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able empathise, connect with, and influence others
- Experience of supporting the design or development of projects, programmes or services used by others
- Knowledge of child protection, health and safety and other issues related to working with the community, or willingness to learn these
- Demonstrate an active commitment to equal opportunities, with ability to work in culturally diverse communities and groups
Closing date: 17th September 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Youth Project Coordinator -Young Leaders, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST