Sandhurst School is a caring, inclusive and well-ordered community. Our aim is to provide all students with the opportunity to succeed, with a strong emphasis on achievement, encouragement and development of skills and qualities to be active, accomplished, knowledgeable, caring and self-sufficient in tomorrow’s ever changing world.
Required for Autumn Term 2020
Sandhurst School is seeking to appoint a science technician for this Autumn Term. The successful candidate will join a team of very experienced technicians in the science department of this 11-18 Secondary School will 1000 students on roll.
Duties will include:
- preparation of teaching equipment and resources
- maintenance of equipment and resources
- ordering materials and equipment
Good skills in the use of IT would be an advantage.
Training and support will be given.
The vacancy is for 27.5 hours per week term time only but there is the possibility that an additional hours may be available for the right candidate.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
In November 2017 Ofsted reported that:
- “The Headteacher, leaders and governors are committed to improving pupils’ life chances”
- “Pupils’ conduct is typically good and they treat one another with respect”
- “Pupils feel safe and are kept safe”
- “Pupils are well looked after and are provided with the opportunity to succeed”
- “Strong relationships exist between staff and pupils”