Required from January 2021 – desirable if able to start 14.12.20
1 x Y2 Teacher (with additional TLR responsibility)
Overleigh St Mary’s CE Primary is looking to recruit an experienced teacher to cover a maternity leave within our Y2 cohort (experience of this year group is essential). Initially this post will be for 2 terms. The post holder will also hold a place on the SLT, leading the Y1/2 Phase and assisting with the strategic and day to day smooth running of the school, including additional TLR responsibility (this will be paid at TLR2a). This post will be a highly involved and key position within the school and applicants will need to embrace being part of a team of leaders, and be committed to the significant work required to ensure our school offers the highest standards for our community.
The job description will include:
- Being responsible and accountable for the Y1/2 Phase within school. This will include holding team meetings, delivering information and holding staff members to account and delivering outstanding teaching within the classroom
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism across school, offering support and challenge to colleagues where required and conducting themselves in the manner of a school leader.
- Line Managing, including performance management, of identified staff
- Securing a positive impact on educational progress beyond his/her assigned pupils
We would welcome applications from someone who:
- Is an outstanding, experienced and ambitious classroom practitioner, committed to self-development, who is looking to broaden their expertise into a Senior Leadership role.
- It may also suit an experienced leader who is new to the area and seeking a new post
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has an excellent track record of teaching in Y2 and managing the associated assessment processes
- Is able to use initiative as a leader when working with teams, and within the wider school, as well as taking direction from the Headteacher and Deputy.
- Has the confidence to challenge colleagues, where needed, to ensure the highest provision of learning, opportunities and achievement are delivered across the school
- Will work together with the SLT on strategy and policies to continue to raise standards of learning within the school.
- Is prepared for the workload that a positon on the SLT will involve and is keen to make a substantial difference to school life.
- Feels confident they are able to take specific responsibility and accountability for the day-to-day management and organisation of all areas of their TLR.
- Is committed to ensuring every single child achieves their full potential
- Would welcome taking a full part in the life and Christian ethos of the school.
Please download and complete the application form. This should be accompanied by a letter of application of no more than 2 sides (Arial font), setting out how you meet the person specification. The person specification is available by contacting the Deputy Headteacher on Rebecca.email@example.com. Due to current restrictions the interview process will not include a teaching task. Therefore, alongside your application please submit a written report of your teaching from a line manager (this may be your most recent lesson observation) or the contact details of your line manager to be contacted during the shortlisting process to discuss your teaching experience.
Unfortunately at the moment we will be unable to accommodate visits to the school, however if you would like more information, or would like to ask any questions, then please contact on the email above and we will be happy to help.
Closing date: Monday 28th September 2020 – 12pm
Interviews via Zoom: Friday 2nd October