Health Science Subject Lead
£30,480- £49,571 per annum plus TLR 2 Allowance of £6,826 per annum (pay award pending)
Required from January 2021
We are looking to appoint a Health Science Subject Lead to join our outstanding school. You must be an experienced teacher with a passion for Health Science (including Biology) who can enable young people to challenge stereotypes and achieve beyond expectations. You will have a strong track record of excellent teaching and exam success and will have to:-
- promote the highest possible teaching and learning for all our students in the teaching of Health Science
- contribute to raising standards of student achievement
- be able to teach Health Science courses i.e. Heath & Social Care GSCE, OCR Technical Health & Social Care, Childcare T Level, and Biology at GCSE & A Level
- oversee the Health Science Curriculum
- lead on the introduction of the new Health Science (Midwifery) T Level course for September 2022
You must be a qualified teacher with at least two years’ teaching experience.
There is an extensive CPD programme and staff are given opportunities to develop their leadership skills. We offer all staff access to a Private Healthcare scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
We are in a good location a 10 minute walk from both Balham and Clapham South tube stations and near a number of key bus routes.
If you should have any queries please contact Ms Anne Clarke, HR Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org . Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by email contacting Ms Clarke or by telephoning on 020 8673 5644 Ext 159.
Closing date: 12 noon on Tuesday 22nd September 2020.
Interviews are expected to take place by early October 2020.
Please note that interviews may occur before the closing date and we reserve the right to close the advert earlier.
La Retraite RC Girls’ School follows DfE Safer Recruitment guidelines and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.