ENJOY ~ ACHIEVE ~ SUCCEED
Start date: ASAP
“Burnt Oak Primary School believes that their school can make a difference to the pupils within it.”
Could you be part of the team that makes that difference?
Burnt Oak Primary School is a vibrant and welcoming school situated in lower Gillingham. We are a two-form entry school with a Nursery. The school is well resourced and has excellent ICT facilities. We have motivated and happy pupils who are eager to learn.
Through the dedication of the staff team, Burnt Oak Primary School succeeds in providing a learning environment where everyone, pupils and staff, are helped to succeed. It is this dedication which led to the school achieving and retaining both the Inclusion Quality Mark and Centre of Excellence since 2017.
Burnt Oak Primary School prides itself on its highly creative curriculum and the extensive extra-curricular activities which it offers pupils. Teachers are encouraged to be innovative and to engage pupils through exciting learning opportunities. Testament to the high quality of this curriculum are our recent Gold Sports Games and Best Literacy Innovation Awards.
As a result of good teaching and effective support, children get off to a good start to their learning in early years. As a school we have high expectations of our pupils and have over the last 3 years increased the proportion of pupils achieving 'expected' in reading, writing and maths by 29%.
We are looking to appoint an extraordinary person to cover this important role in our school.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to use their own initiative
- A good team player
- The successful applicant will be educated to NVQ Level 3 or above.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous maternity and paternity leave and pay entitlement
- Generous adoption leave and pay entitlement
- Assisted car purchase scheme for support staff
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to the money advice service
- Salary sacrifice for cycle scheme
- Discounts and concessions through national and local retailers including travel, shopping, leisure, health and wellbeing, motoring and eye care voucher scheme
- Discounted local bus season ticket
- Medway Council offers
- Training opportunities through our CPD programme
For further details please contact the school office on 01634 334344.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children, therefore any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: 4pm Sunday 27TH September 2020
Interview: week commencing Monday 5th October 2020