We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives. We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
Job Title: Multi Trade Operative (Voids)
Business area: Direct Services
Type of Contract: Permanent
Location: London & South East
Hours: 40 hours a week, Full time
Salary: £36,086 plus company Van
Closing date for applications: Sunday 27th September 2020, 23:00pm
Interview date: Week commencing 5th October 2020
The Multi Trade Operative is an essential member of the Direct Services Voids department, who works within a dedicated team providing a comprehensive, efficient and responsive property service delivery.
If you have a proven track record of working within a DLO service, where customer satisfaction is at the heart of service delivery, join Optivo as a Multi Trade Operative
What you’ll be doing
- To provide clear structure and support to operatives and other members of your team in managing repairs effectively from issue to completion and final quality assurance.
- The DLO Operative is an essential member of the Direct Repairs department, who works within a dedicated team providing a comprehensive, efficient and responsive property service delivery.
- As a member of the Direct Services Team, the primary focus is providing a high quality responsive maintenance service to all residents, internal colleagues and partners.
- Manage own time in a productive and efficient way as to ensure that all KPI’s are met. Effectively co-ordinating with the team to ensure that all works for the day are completed.
- Execute the works required to a high quality, and as detailed within the order, to maximise first time fix criteria, appointment objectives, enhance resident satisfaction, with efficient working practices.
- Carry out works as booked by appointment times within the contractual obligations
- A proven track record of working in Social Housing/Maintenance/Construction industry.
- Possess a relevant trade qualification and/or experience in relation to building, maintenance or technical background.
- A thorough working knowledge of all the statutory and regulatory rules and/or codes of practice that underpin the delivery of an efficient and effective property related direct labour service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to make sound judgements, find solutions to complex issues and problems, and identify and manage risk
- A valid UK driving licence and the ability to travel between sites and offices across all regions.
- Must be able to submit presentable and accurate paperwork including PDA database information as per requirements of the contract to establish works are carried out and coding costing information is obtained.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.