Benefits for you as the Head of Service and PSW:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee discount schemes for national and local retailers
- Relocation allowance up to £8000
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
About the role
As Head of Service and Principal Social Worker you will lead on the highest standards of social work and safeguarding practices ensuring they are embedded across our Adult Social Care teams. You will be responsible for, ensuring robust policies and procedures are in place and implemented and applied in practice. You will be responsible for the effective quality assurance of practice and standards and will lead on service improvement activity.
The role is a full-time position and you will need to be committed to the improvement of social care practice
You will manage specialist services
- Integrated Discharge Team based at Medway Hospital
- Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP)
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS
- Requirement of you as Head of Service and PSW
- Lead, develop and manage Staff
- Strategically lead for safeguarding for Medway
- Lead and Work Collaboratively across all services to develop good social care practice
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- A valid registration with Social Work England
- Experience of working within Safeguarding
- Experience of working within a Senior/Managerial position
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in Management or Leadership. You will be an inspiring and motivating manager, having extensive experience of improving the performance of teams and individuals. You will also have substantial experience of the quality assurance and safeguarding and have the ability to manage delivery of Adult Services, strategic level planning and service transformation within a complex local government or similar environment.
Your enthusiasm and passion will help you to develop new strategies and positive outcomes, your calm and focused approach will enable you to support your teams to work together and deliver excellent services, which really make a difference.
You will be a great communicator, with exceptional negotiating and relationship building skills, as well as strong analytical skills.
If you share our vision and have the skills to support the transformation of services in Medway, we would like to hear from you.
- Professional Social Work qualification (e.g. Degree, DipSW, CQSW or CSS as relevant)We understand that a motivated workforce is the most important factor for it to be successful and continue on its success journey.Our organisation:
- We are committed to your professional development and will ensure you have the right resources and training to enable you to achieve to your potential.
- Rewards and Training Offer
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager, please call Suzanne Westhead on 01634 331212.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.