The Lime Trust is looking for an Assistant Headteacher to join their leadership team. The Lime Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 Special and 4 Primary in Cambridgeshire and North and East London
This post is for an Assistant Headteacher to work in Lime Academy Forest Approach, a special school in the London Borough of Havering for children aged 4-19.
The salary for this post is Leadership range L7-L11 (outer London)
The Lime Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school to school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Lime Trust strive to improve life chances for all and respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate will be the named Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) with responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils across the school. In addition they will take a lead role in reviewing pupils Education Health Care Plans, working with parents and external agencies to co-ordinate provision and will have an agreed teaching commitment. They will work as part of the leadership team to drive school improvement, promote best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust.
We are looking for a leader who can demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent classroom practice, effectively meeting individual needs
- The desire and experience to take a lead role within our school
- A clear understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and experience of working with children with a range of complex needs
- A commitment to ensuring all pupils achieve their full potential
- High expectations of themself and others
- Experience of leading change and improvement across the school
- Have a SENCO qualification or willingness to work towards this
We are looking forward to hearing from candidates who have ambitions for leadership and are ready for a post that has a high level of challenge. You will be part of an excellent team and will be given support to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond. Applications from colleagues who meet the criteria are welcome from mainstream or special settings.
- Welcoming and a supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Trust benefits such as:
- Employee assistance programme
- Support the government child care voucher scheme
- CPD opportunities including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced Maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: 9 October
Interviews: 21/22 October
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange on 01708 343649
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.